It’s time to be heard –
Be a voice in our crowd!
We provide young people in Northumberland with high quality vocal music training, the thrill of performing, outstanding feelings of accomplishment, strong bonds with each other and meaningful shows that enrich the community. Our programs strive to foster growth and build a group of inspiring young people, each with their own individual, expressive and confident voice.
– Spring Concert at Trinity Church : Sunday May 15
– Brighton Concert : Friday May 21
- This Saturday, rehearsal will be 12:30-3:00 in the sanctuary. The Latest, updated schedule for the remainder of the season is available here : LJ Schedule 2015-16 updated Apr 27
- Upcoming Concert Information is now posted. See Events!
- We’re getting together Wednesday May 11, from 6:00 to 9:00, to paint. Details are here.
Our 2015-2016 Season!
For our 2015 – 2016 Season, we are keeping in place all of the programming that has made La Jeunesse one of the finest choral organizations in the province, and building upon these successful experiences. Senior and Children’s Choirs will continue back-to-back on Mondays as this provided great opportunities for our younger singers to learn from our older singers. The Musical Theatre Intensive Program will be even more dynamic, following the success of our fully staged musical production about “Respect” this past spring. The project garnered much support in the community, and was a highlight for all of our youth as they explored their singing and acting. Trips, master classes, workshops, chorister Fun Days, joining local Events and participation in Choir Festivals are just a few of the activities that our young singers can be a part of this coming year. We very much look forward to seeing familiar faces back and welcome new additions to our ensemble this fall! We are holding Auditions for new members now.
Listen to the choirs
Press Play to hear the Senior Choir sing “Hallelujah”.
Listen to the choirs
Press Play to hear the Senior Choir sing “Bring me little water”.